At the time, the building was the first in Philadelphia to use multi-colored terra cotta, in addition to brick and reinforced concrete.
Home to innovators, The Steele Building’s first occupant was Horn & Hardart’s Baking Company, the first automat in the United States. We restored and reinvented the Steele Building with this cutting-edge legacy in mind, featuring loft-style office space and ground floor restaurant space in the up-and-coming Midtown Village neighborhood of Philadelphia. The Steele Building is currently occupied by The Yard, the first Philadelphia location of the Brooklyn-based coworking company, and local fast casual restaurant Honeygrow.
The Steele Building historic rehabilitation was completed in May 2017.
Features & Amenities
- Home to The Yard coworking space and Honeygrow
- Historic architectural details
- In-building restaurant and retail space
- Floor-to-ceiling windows on three sides
- 12’ ceilings
- 1,500 SF roof deck and surround green roof
- Bike storage
- High speed elevators
- State-of-the-art building security & access control system
- High efficiency VRF HVAC system
- Prime corner location
- Steps from Jefferson Station and MFL 11th St Station
- Directly across from East Market mixed-use development